The season is here to warm our homes and tummies with delicious autumn recipes
There is something to be said for comforting, home-cooked food as the weather takes a turn for the cold.
Home-cooked food is not only the healthier and cheaper option but a way to bring the family together to enjoy a delicious, lovingly prepared meal.
As we’re starting to feel the cold bite of the impending autumn, it’s time for warming autumn recipes.
Home-cooked food never tasted better with these autumn recipes
At Yorkshire Dama Cheese, we love a hearty, cheesy meal. For comforting autumn recipes, we’ve put together a three-course meal for you to try at home - using our Ricotta Cheese, Labneh and Squeaky Cheese.
Try these autumn-inspired recipes filled with cheesy goodness!
Give your tummy a warm-up with a home-cooked starter with Labneh
There’s nothing like soup to get your three-course meal started! This comforting soup carries notes of autumn in a bowl.
Sweet Potato and Tomato Soup with Labneh
1 large sweet potato
2 cans chopped tomatoes
1 ½ cup water
2 cloves garlic
1 small red chilli
1 tbsp ginger
2 tbsp oil
½ tsp pepper
1 tsp salt
1 cup coconut milk
Yorkshire Dama Labneh (a dollop for each portion)
1. Peel the sweet potato and cut it into cubes. Finely chop the garlic and chilli.
2. Heat the oil in a pan over medium heat, then add the garlic, chilli and ginger. Cook for a few minutes before adding the sweet potato, water, salt and pepper. Cook for roughly 20 mins until the sweet potato cubes are tender.
3. Pour in the tinned tomatoes and coconut milk. Bring to a boil.
4. Puree the soup. Add water if needed.
5. Serve with a dollop of Labneh and top with chopped coriander.
Bring on the main dish with this autumn-inspired recipe with Yorkshire Squeaky Cheese
Home-cooked food with squeaky cheese is right up our alley. Bring the yummy to your family’s tummies with this squeaky cheese main dish!
Roasted Autumn Vegetables with Squeaky Cheese and Pesto
1 red pepper
230 g plum tomatoes
1 tbsp olive oil
2 tsp salt
1 ½ tsp coriander
½ tsp pepper
400 g Yorkshire Squeaky Cheese
Green pesto (to serve)
1. Preheat the oven to 175 degrees.
2. Chop the potatoes, carrots, parsnip, red pepper and tomatoes into cubes. Line a baking tray with baking paper and place the veg on top, evenly spread out.
3. Sprinkle with olive oil and season with salt, pepper and coriander.
4. Roast in the oven for 30 minutes.
5. Cut the squeaky cheese into cubes and fry in a frying pan with little oil.
6. Add the squeaky cheese to the veg and gently toss everything together.
7. Season with thyme and serve with pesto.
Finish your meal with a ricotta cheese dessert
Still room for pudding? Always! After all, apple pie is a bit of an autumn recipe must-have… And guess what? You can help yourself an extra slice because this one’s not too bad on the waistline!
Ricotta Cheese Apple Pie
2 large apples
¾ cup granola
1 ½ cup Yorkshire Dama Ricotta Cheese
1 tsp lemon zest (grated)
1 tsp lemon juice
1/3 cup sugar
½ tsp cinnamon
1 large egg white
1 large egg
1 cup Yorkshire Dama Sheep’s Milk Yoghurt
1. Preheat the oven to 180 degrees.
2. Sprinkle the granola on the bottom of a greased 8-inch springform cake tin.
3. Peel, core and slice the apples. Arrange them over the granola. Sprinkle with the lemon peel, lemon juice and cinnamon.
4. Mix the ricotta cheese with the sugar, egg white, egg and yoghurt in a bowl until smooth. Pour the mixture evenly over the apple slices.
5. Bake for roughly 45 mins.
6. Enjoy on its own or with a dollop of vanilla ice cream.
Comforting Autumn Recipes