Taste our wide range of vegetarian breakfast options!
Rise and shine to a better morning with a scrumptious vegetarian breakfast!
We have put together some tasty and healthy vegetarian breakfast ideas using Yorkshire Dama Cheese’s squeaky cheese, Labneh, ricotta and butter. You won’t even notice the absence of meat when you substitute with our mouth-watering dairy products.
Wakey, wakey – breakfast awaits!
Start your day with some squeaky cheese
No need for faux meats – squeaky cheese is a great source of protein and the perfect meat substitute.
Our creamy squeaky cheeses are available in a variety of flavours and are super versatile to use. Whether you choose to grill it, fry it, grate it, or serve it raw, you will soon want to add that delicious squeak to all your dishes!
There are several ways to use squeaky cheese as part of a vegetarian breakfast. It makes a great meat substitute when going for a classic breakfast fry up, and adds flavour as well as protein as an alternative to meat in sandwiches, breakfast wraps, on top of a bagel, or in a croissant. And don’t forget our squeaky cheeses come in various flavours for great variety!
For a simple vegetarian breakfast, grate some squeaky flavour on scrambled eggs or fry it alone with cherry tomatoes.
Or try this squeaky cheese breakfast bowl to start your day the healthy way…
Squeaky Cheese Breakfast Bowl with Hummus
220g Yorkshire Dama Squeaky Cheese (any flavour of your choice!)
A handful of cherry tomatoes (halved)
½ cucumber (chopped)
½ red onion (finely chopped)
½ lemon (juiced)
4 stems mint (leaves picked)
1. Prepare the veg. Toss together the tomato, cucumber, onion, mint, and lemon juice. Season and drizzle with a little olive oil. Set aside.
2. Fry the sliced squeaky cheese in a little olive oil until browned on both sides.
3. Put it all together by splitting the hummus between bowls (spread it to cover the bottom of the bowl). Add a scoop of the salad mixture and some squeaky cheese slices.
4. Serve with flatbread or a boiled egg for added protein.
Make Labneh your breakfast buddy
Labneh, or spreadable yoghurt, makes a great addition to your vegetarian breakfast! Labneh is a healthy replacement for cream cheese, made from pressed yoghurt, and it doesn’t contain any added flavours, colours or preservatives.
Spread Labneh on toast or bagels and top with grilled asparagus, strawberry preserve, or tomatoes – or whatever breakfast toppings your taste buds desire – for a yummy vegetarian breakfast! All out of toast? Add a dollop of Labneh with muesli or granola with some honey and peach slices – crunchy and scrummy!
For an on-the-go vegetarian breakfast, prepare these Muesli Scrolls in advance and munch as you go!
Labneh Muesli Scrolls
2 ¼ cups self-raising flour
2 tbsp sugar
1 cup milk
Pinch of salt
1 pack of Yorkshire Dama Labneh (approx. 250g)
2 tbsp honey
½ cup mixed dried fruits
½ cup mixed dried nuts and seeds
For the glaze:
¼ tbsp honey
1 tbsp water
1. Mix the flour, sugar and salt in a bowl. Rub in the butter until the mixture resembles coarse breadcrumbs. Stir in enough milk to form a sticky dough, then knead on a lightly floured surface until smooth.
2. Roll the dough into a rectangle (30x45cm). Mix the honey and Labneh, and then spread over the dough. Sprinkle with dried fruits and nuts. Roll up on the longest side (like a Swiss roll).
3. Slice the roll into 3cm slices and place them cut side up on lined baking trays.
4. Bake at 200C for 10-15mins until golden brown.
5. Add honey and water for the glaze into a small pan and heat through. Brush with glaze once the scrolls have baked.
A smooth and creamy breakfast with ricotta
Ricotta is considered a healthier alternative when it comes to most cheeses, yet its mellow-flavour and creamy texture is every bit as indulgent!
Our Yorkshire Dama Ricotta is made from the whey proteins that have been left behind during the making of our squeaky cheeses.
Add some ricotta to your vegetarian breakfast by having it on toast or mix it in waffle batter, frittatas or lemon pancakes. A fruity ricotta smoothie is also a brilliant way to add more fruit to your breakfast!
For something a little different, try this Ricotta Mochaccino instead of your usual cup of joe!
Ice-cold Ricotta Mochaccino
2 cups of cold, strong, brewed coffee
½ cup Yorkshire Dama Ricotta
1 tbsp cocoa powder
1 tbsp powdered coffee creamer
2 packets of artificial sweetener
¼ tsp vanilla extract
Ice cubes (one small tray)
1. Add the coffee, ricotta, and the rest of the ingredients into a blender, with the ice cubes on top.
2. Blend until smooth and pour into glasses!
Bring back the bread and butter
Some mornings are simply bread and butter mornings. A slice of toast with a melting knob of butter - utter butter goodness. With our new Yorkshire Dama Butter, made 100% from grass-fed cow’s milk cream, your vegetarian breakfast just got better.
Tasty and creamy with nothing else added but a hint of olive oil, add some Yorkshire Dama Butter to freshly baked breakfast rolls or in your porridge, spread it on a bagel or watch it melt on your pancakes. For an extra delicious morning fry up, fry your tomatoes, mushrooms and spinach in butter – not forgetting that squeaky cheese!
Vegetarian breakfast with Yorkshire Dama Cheese
Our dairy products are suitable for vegetarians and make a great-tasting meat substitute in just about any dish usually requiring meat.
We would love to see how you have been using our dairy products in your breakfast – tag @yorkshiredamacheese on our Facebook or Instagram with your favourite breakfast ideas with our squeaky cheese, ricotta or Labneh!